MOWHA Property Management Conference
MOWHA hosted its inaugural Property Management Conference and it was a major success. Over 175 attendees received extensive compliance training from a national trainer. The goals of the conference were to:
1) Meet the demand from MOWHA members looking for an affordable way to provide continuing education to their property management teams;
2) Expand awareness of MOWHA among property management firms across the state who are not currently members;
3) Lay the foundation to spread our grassroots advocacy efforts to affordable housing residents across the state; and
4) Raise money to fund upcoming advocacy efforts.
On each count, the conference was successful:
1) Feedback from attendees has been overwhelmingly positive.
2) Dozens of attendees represented groups who are new to MOWHA, and may join as a result of their exposure.
3) We urged attendees to help their residents mobilize and contact policymakers, and laid the groundwork for our continuing efforts to connect residents with policymakers.
4) Conference revenue was strong and expenses low - and the funds we raised will go directly to support expanded advocacy efforts as MOWHA fights to preserve state affordable housing programs.
Huge thanks to conference chair Deb Giffin of HRM Services for envisioning the conference, helping arrange the trainer, and – along with her very capable staff – providing on-site assistance to ensure that it ran smoothly.